Monday, August 25, 2014

Sheltie Geomety: Acute Angles


Well we know we are adorable, but we thought we were supposed to be working on being more humble. Oh, acute angles, we are back to teaching geometry again.

For today's lesson we are demonstrating acute angles. We had some trouble with the angles. Bailey kept trying to roll over for treats and Katy objected to being kicked when Bailey was doing his tricks. Mom also insisted the angle had to face right, but we had a decidedly left day. Therefore, with all do apologies to math purists out there we present our version of the acute angle. By definition, the acute angle must be less than 90 degrees. While we didn't get out a protractor, we did make a 90 degree angle and decrease it thus achieving our goal.

We know the kids will appreciate our efforts. We still look better than those boring line drawings. We are acute.





Welcome to Monday Mischief – The pet blog hop that wraps up the weekend! This Blog Hop is brought to you by Alfie’s Blog, Snoopy’s Dog Blog, and My Brown Newfies.

23 comments:

  1. Bravo you achieved acute angles with such style. Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are cute, but I'm glad my school doesn't make me do any math except counting hides and treats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. too cute!!! Oh and I am glad I am not the ONLY one who gets their sock clad foot in photos!!!! LOL!! Have a great day! www.dakotasden.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. A much more interesting way to teach geometry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very "acute" I haven't heard those terms in decades (and I mean that) - and I agree with Slimdoggy, this is an excellent way to teach geometry. Well done Shelties.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make very good instructors
    Snorts,
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know about acute, but you two surely are CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's perfect! ANd I think if we drew an imaginary line between your noses, that would make you two a right triangle! Then we could do all sorts of fun math, solving for sides and angles. (can you tell I'm a math teacher ?)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's the cutest acute angle I've ever seen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAHA wish you were my teachers in school.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are ACUTELY Cute Acute ANGLES FUR SURE.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't understand math but its a cute picture! Love Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Why that angle makes you look like you are on a slippery slope.
    Thanks for being a friend
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  14. You guys are cute at any angle!! :)

    I hope you're having a fun day,

    Your pal Snoopy :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh you both are smart AND cute....not to mention funny!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  16. They're always a-cute, whether they're angled or not. 5 points for effort and for using math in a doggy post!!!

    Wags (and purrs) from Life with Dogs and Cats

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Dog, you lost Ma at acute angles...AAAAAAAHHHH!!! Nightmares of Geometry and just not 'getting it'. Give her algebra anyday of the week!!
    Nows, about you two good lookin' doggies, those are FABulous furry angles indeed!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and try to respond back on your blogs.
I am sorry I cannot comment on blogs which require Google + or Facebook to comment. I am not a member and have no plans to join.