Friday, June 8, 2012

Whisker Walk 2012




We had such a good time at Whisker Walk. There is something magical about this place. Last year it was one of the first places Katy really opened up and enjoyed herself outside the house. She came home a much happier dog. This year she got out of the car a little scared, but instead of taking up her usual spot right next to or underneath me, she had a new companion, Dad and Mom's niece.

I confess I get excited at events like this. There are many things to see and smell. Dad was going to walk Katy and I was going to go with the niece. Well I did take advantage. Dad has a firm hand on the leash. I know I cannot get away with pulling and tugging. So, they decided to try an experiment. Katy would go with the niece and Dad would lay down the law with me. We were worried Katy would shake and panic, instead she blossomed. No more clinging to me, she found her own path. She completely bonded with the niece. Mom and Dad were thrilled.



Along with the walk, we were able to visit some of our favorite booths. The niece was thrilled with the carnival food. Do to the nieces car trouble we arrived later than last year, but we still saw just about everything. I finished the agility course this year. Dad was so proud of me. They decided since Katy had such a great day that she would just watch and cheer me on. Last year she refused to try anything but the tires.





At the Tennis Ball Fetch, I was able to win prizes, Katy still is not anxious to participate.



One human had donated handmade jewelry as a prize so for the first time Katy and I gave the niece a birthday present we won ourselves. She was impressed. She had never been given a birthday gift that a pet won for her.



We had a wonderful time. Our rescue, New England Sheltie is in CT and does not participate in these events. Therefore, the past two years, our group has walked for the sponsoring organization the Sterling Shelter. Mom got a purple t-shirt for the donation our group made.

We are looking forward to attending Baypath’s Bark in the Park on June 17.

7 comments:

  1. What a great event! Sounds like fun was had by all. I particularly enjoyed reading about Katy opening up and Bailey's great successes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE how you are both smiling in the tennis ball photo! You can tell that you were having such a good time! Dakota loves tennis balls and if he lived by you he would have gone with you and had fun fetching with you!
    What a great and fun event! Wish we had one like that here.
    Katy did marvelously! Goooooooooo Katy!!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMD OMD... you two WON A PRIZE... that made fur an EXTRA SPECIAL PRESSIE??? What a WONDERFUL Thingy THAT is. Congratulations!!!! WAY TO GO!!! BRAVO.

    THAT looks like a totally SUPER DUPER time... so much to see and do and stuffs!!! I really REALLY wish I lived close to some place were there were grrreat thingys like that fur Ernie and Me to do. You are soooooo lucky.

    GRRRRRREAT Pictures of the whole thingy, by the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun! I love the tennis ball photo

    urban hounds

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you precious pups! What a great day you had. I fall in love with both of you every time I see a new picture or hear about what's new in your life. I can see that you had a great day. Blessings to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woof! Woof! The weave poles is always FUN. Happy Weekend. Lots of Golden ALOHA n Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and try to respond back on your blogs.
I am sorry I cannot comment on blogs which require Google + or Facebook to comment. I am not a member and have no plans to join.